Saturday, July 02, 2016

Why do I feel such overwhelming confidence when it comes to art or baking, when I've never been professionally trained in either? I just know in my gut that I can do it if I invest my time in it.

Then why aren't I investing my time to this gut-feel potential success? Lack of motivation.

This is one of my many weaknesses. We all have an idea what motivation is, but I've never grasped the art of finding motivation. My motivation is either non-existential, or buried beneath tons of distractions and to-do list in our fastforward10x society.

Let's be hopeful that it exists, and therefore I shall blame it to our lifestyle.

So, in order to retrieve my buried motivation, I need to make changes in my lifestyle, and more importantly have the perseverance to see through these changes.

To seek motivation = Active changes + Perseverance

Active changes = Exercise (and meditate) + Eat healthy + Invest time on things I love (that you will do if you know the world will end tomorrow).

Perseverance = frequent (weekly or daily or hourly) reminders and strong will to decline all distractions.

I will test my equation for 3 days to a week. Motivating myself to seek my long-lost motivation. Oh the irony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home