Friday, July 01, 2016

After my interview today, which went the unexpected way, I fought hard to pacify my worrisome inner voice. In fact, the persistent worrying was somewhat uncontrollable, which perhaps triggered the secondary worrying. Unwittingly, an upsized worrying was ordered against my will.

What should we do when uncontrollable worrisome overrides your logical reasoning?

1. Acknowledge it. Worry has a bad rap for pettiness. If dismissed, it finds its way, by hook or by crook, to reappear in an uglier form. Think depression. By acknowledging worry, it is always taken aback and that's when you attack when its guard is down.

2. Attack by questioning its existence relentlessly. Ask yourself a 1001 questions, whether mentally, aloud or in writing if that clears your thoughts better.

3. With a clarified thought, you will find that all answers lie within you. This human function is not always functional, but it is definitely there, albeit elusive.

So after a long day, of acknowledging worry and asking 5 questions, re-acknowledging worry and asking another 17 questions, and re-re-acknowledging worry and asking 6 more questions, I finally found the answer to digest my upsized worrying: my current state is largely manageable and any potential unhappiness can likely be resolved by adjusting my mentality.

And we can always rely on positive thinking to save the day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home